Main Street Treasure Hunt winners named
The winners of the Main Street Treasure Hunt were announced Wednesday by Lansing Mayor Kenneth Bernard.
Three names out of a pool of 20 were drawn with Sue Robertson winning $100, Lisa Hernandez-Simpson winning $75 and Taylor Mortsolf winning $50 in "Main Street Bucks" that can be redeemed at any of the 28 participating businesses along Main Street.
In an effort to get area residents to brave construction delays on Main Street and visit businesses there, the city sponsored the treasure hunt, in which participants had to go to each store to get answers to various questions about Lansing history.
Main Street project liaison Ken Miller said Wednesday, "The bottom line is we are trying to help out the local businesses. I was a little disappointed we didn't get more people involved, but we'll just keep plugging away."
More like this story
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat