Lisa Ann Wise and Darin Freeberg were married Jan. 6, 2007, at Tonganoxie Historical Society Church with the Rev. Johan Treduex officiating.
The bride is the daughter of Mark and Penny Wise, Lansing; the groom is the son of Stanley and Janelle Freeburg, Hannibal, Mo.
Attending the bride were her sisters, maid of honor Sarah Wise and matron of honor Mindy Cook. Kent Freeburg was best man and Jim Shallenberg was a groomsman.
A reception at Wyandotte County Christian Church in Kansas City, Kan., followed the wedding.
The bride graduated in May from MidAmerica Nazarene University with a degree in biology/chemistry; the groom is a 2006 graduate of MidAmerica Nazarene and will graduate in 2008 with a master's of theology from the Nazarene Theological Seminary. The two are currently worship leaders at Topeka First National Church of the Nazarene.
After a honeymoon to Florida, the couple are at home in Olathe.
More like this story
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Insect researcher: Drones will help feed growing population
- Public hearing airs disagreements about Wichita State chapel
- Report: Nearly 1 in 3 young U.S. adults too fat for military
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions