Self-defense class offered
There will be a free women's self-defense class Saturday, August 11 from 1-4 p.m. at the Church of the Open Door, 4800 S. 20th St., Leavenworth.
The class will be taught by someone trained in defense and will include the practical skills women may need.
The class will be followed by a short presentation about the spiritual welfare of women.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it