Alumni golf tournament makes successful debut
Seventy-six golfers teed off Saturday afternoon at the first Lansing Alumni Association Golf Tournament at Leavenworth Country Club.
The 19-team tournament featured three flights to accommodate golfers of all levels. The Flight A champions were Ann Hoins, Eric Hoins, Chris Hoins and Jeff Hoins. The Flight B champs were Casey Worrall, Richard Kroll, John Snapp and John Van Daley. The Flight C winners were Charlie Hilscher, Marguerite Hilscher, Carrie Ritchey and Kenneth Ritchey.
Bruce Logan, one of the event's organizers, said the tournament raised about $3,600 for the Lansing Alumni Association's scholarship fund.
"We're very pleased with the way it went," Logan said. "We had a great turnout and the weather was perfect. We will definitely do this again."
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Constant campaigning creating apathetic voters