JV tennis team ties for third at Mill Valley
The Lansing High junior varsity girls tennis team tied for third place out of 10 teams on Wednesday at the Mill Valley JV Invitational.
Blue Valley won the team title with 22 points; Olathe Northwest and Baldwin had 18 points apiece to claim the second-place medals; and Lansing and the Immaculata varsity both brought home third-place medals by scoring 16 points apiece. Other schools that competed were Gardner-Edgerton, Spring Hill, Mill Valley, Bonner Springs and Maranatha Academy.
Anisha Patel was Lansing's top performer. The sophomore placed second at No. 1 singles and dropped in the finals to Audrey Scherer of Blue Valley in a tiebreaker.
Freshman Marita Meyer placed third at No. 2 singles and won her final match against Nisha Patel of Olathe Northwest in a tiebreaker.
Lansing's No. 2 doubles team of junior Mandy Newby and sophomore Samantha Rasdall placed fourth.
The JV Lions next compete at 3:15 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13, at Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora