KCKCC holds drivers ed
A Driver Safety Education class will be offered by Kansas City Kansas Community College at its Leavenworth Center starting Tuesday, Sept. 4.
Designed for the beginning driver, the course will be offered each Tuesday and Thursday through Oct. 2 from 6-9:30 p.m. at the Leavenworth Center at 225 Cherokee in downtown Leavenworth.
The class will consist of 30 hours of classroom instruction, six hours of driving with the instructor and 12 hours of observation. Completion of the course requirements may lead to certification for a Kansas driver's license.
To be eligible to take the class, a person must be 15 years of age or older, obtain a State of Kansas instructional permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles and register in person at the Community Education Building.
The cost of the course is $275. Limited to 24 students, parents of minors are encouraged to attend the first night of classes. Further information on the class and registration is available by calling the Leavenworth Center at 913-651-2111 or the Community Education Division on the main campus at 913-288-7660.
More like this story
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Tonganoxie man arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, alcohol charges
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas congressional staffer sentenced for child sex charges