Snow falling in Lansing; Bonner Tournament postponed
A snow advisory remains in effect for Lansing and the area through 6 p.m. today.
The National Weather Service issued the advisory, saying accumulation in the Lansing-Leavenworth area could be as much as 3 inches.
Snow began falling about 9:30 a.m. in Lansing with accumulations beginning shortly thereafter.
Lansing schools remained in regular session as of 10:30 a.m., but at 12:30 p.m. the Metro Prep Tip-off Classic basketball tournament at Bonner Springs was postponed. There is no word yet on the freshman girls basketball game at the Patton Junior High tournament.
As for the tournament in Bonner Springs, the game schedule has been pushed back a day. The Lansing High girls now will open tournament play at 3 p.m. Friday and the LHS boys will play at 4:45 p.m. Friday.
For more on the wintry weather, check back at lansingcurrent.com
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- 2 injured after car explodes on Kansas expressway
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park