Weather brings closings, cancellations
Schools in the Basehor-Linwood School District will be closed Tuesday because of a the winter storm that has glazed the area with a sheet of ice.
Several other area districts, including Tonganoxie, Leavenworth, Lansing, Pleasant Ridge, Lawrence and Eudora also called off classes for Tuesday.
Also, classes at Kansas City Kansas Community College and Johnson County Community College have been canceled for Tuesday.
Basehor Municipal Court will not be in session Tuesday.
Leavenworth County Courthouse will be closed Tuesday and all non-essential county offices will be closed. The closings include the Council on Aging, Leavenworth County Health Department, the County Annex in Tonganoxie and the Leavenworth County Justice Center, Tellefson said. Not included in the closing are the Sheriff's Office and Public Works Department.
If you know of a weather-related closing or cancellation, contact The Sentinel, 913-845-2222 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- No school or basketball Tuesday; plus more weather-related closings and cancellations
- Winter storm warning gives way to blizzard warning
- Schools across area cancel classes
- Basehor-Linwood schools closed for second day, frigid temperatures to follow snow
- Schools call off classes Wednesday as cold settles in