Christmas comes alive with nativity
Leavenworth County residents will have something new to experience this Christmas season with a live nativity presentation sponsored by the First United Methodist Church. The event will be between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22 in the church parking lot at the corner of 5th and Chestnut streets, in Leavenworth.
Everyone is invited to view the live nativity that will feature church member portraying Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and wise men. The children attending will enjoy the manger animals such as a live camel, sheep, goat, miniature cow and donkey.
The evening will also include seasonal songs and scripture verses. There will be a drive-through lane for those needing to stay in their vehicles. The church will provide a Hospitality Center to serve complimentary hot beverages and cookies in its nearby education building.
More like this story
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues