City Council meeting agenda
Lansing City Council members will again take up the issue of formulating a benefit district by petition policy during a regular meeting scheduled for tonight at 7 p.m. at Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace.
Benefit district financing captures annual assessments on property owners in a given area and allows those funds to pay for infrastructure improvements in the district.
Council members discussed the redundancy and fairness of a proposed policy before tabling the issue earlier this month.
Also at tonight's meeting, the council will:
¢ Consider approving the minutes from a Dec. 4 special meeting and a Dec. 6 regular meeting.
¢ Consider approving a cereal malt beverage license for Petro Deli #2, Inc.
¢ Consider adopting an ordinance for the assessment of delinquent unpaid weed abatement bills.
¢ Consider approving amendments to the 2007 budget.
¢ Consider approving by-laws for the Kansas Regional Prisons Museum.
¢ Hear monthly reports by the city administration, economic development, finance, parks and recreation, police, public works and wastewater departments.
More like this story
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas House soundly rejects plan to avert steep budget cuts
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly