Newspaper honors Lansing’s Lang
Lansing High junior Brittney Lang spent the 2007 volleyball season establishing herself as one of the most dominant players in the Kaw Valley League and all of Class 5A.
In doing so, she also earned inclusion to an elite club by being named a second-team All-Metro performer by The Kansas City Star.
Bishop Miege standout Kathleen Ludwig was the Metro Player of the Year.
Lang, a 5-foot-11 middle blocker, led Lansing in kills (341), hitting efficiency (.462) and blocks (99), and she was second in digs (159) and aces (41). Her hitting efficiency percentage ranked fourth in the state and she was 18th in Kansas in stuff blocks.
The All-Metro honor is just the latest recognition for Lang. She also was an All-State Tournament Team member, a Class 5A All-State first-team honoree. In addition, she was the top vote-getter for the All-KVL squad.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- Kansas House committee delays review of Democrat's remarks
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups