STORIES OF THE YEAR: Briggs is first 5A state tennis qualifier
Amy Briggs boldly went where no Lansing High girls tennis player had ever gone before - the Class 5A state tournament.
Briggs, a sophomore, battled her way to a third-place finish in singles at the regional tournament in Emporia. By placing in the top four, she earned a trip to state.
Briggs lost to eventual third-place finisher Kelly Gerbert of Wichita Kapaun-Mt. Carmel and 10th-place finisher Lindsey Buenger of Mill Valley in her two matches at state.
Briggs' final record was 16-7.
More like this story
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues