Weather forces cancellations
Lansing schools will be closed Tuesday, Feb. 13, because of snow.
The announcement was made official at 10:30 p.m. Monday night on the district's inclement weather Web site. The decision was made after sleet and snow had been falling for nearly three hours.
The school closing means Lansing's home basketball games against Perry-Lecompton also will be postponed. District policy states that "all evening activities and practices are cancelled when schools are closed due to icy road conditions."
In addition to the school closings, Leavenworth County Meals on Wheels will not make deliveries because of the weather.
For additional weather updates, stay tuned to lansingcurrent.com.
More like this story
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days
- Bonner boutique combines shopping with day at the salon
- Thanksgiving holiday's history varied, but meaning holds true