Class to make handkerchief quilt
The Council on Aging is sponsoring a two-day class to make a hanky-panky crazy quilt wall-hanging using old handkerchiefs.
The class will meet on Thursday, Feb. 22, and Friday, Feb. 23.
Participants may bring your own handkerchiefs or purchase a kit from the council. Little sewing and no quilting knowledge is necessary.
The class costs $5, which covers fabric and embellishments for the wall hangings.
For more information or to register, call Patty Willmeth at (913) 684-0777. The deadline to register and pay is Friday, Feb. 16.
More like this story
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9