Fort to observe Black History
African American/Black History Month will be celebrated at Fort Leavenworth with a luncheon presentation beginning at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, in the Frontier Conference Center on post.
Sgt. Maj. Maurice Riley, Sergeant Major of the Munson Army Health Center, is guest speaker.
The theme for this year's celebration is "From Slavery to Freedom: The Story of Africans in the Americas." A ticket is required for the meal only, not the presentation. Tickets are available through Feb. 19 by contacting the fort's Equal Opportunity Office at 684-1694.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal