History competition beckons volunteers
Four Lansing Middle School students will represent Lansing at the Kansas District 3 History Day contest Feb. 24 in Topeka.
Eighth-graders Haily Ayres, Katie Campbell, Octavian Marinuta and Jessica Wood volunteered to represent LMS at the competition, which is held at Washburn University.
The students have been preparing for the competition since September.
The theme for this year's competition is Triumph and Tragedy in History.
District winners will advance to the Kansas History Day statewide contest on April 28, also at Washburn.
First- and second-place winners at state will move on to National History Day, which takes place in June at College Park, Md.
More like this story
- Suit filed by ex-Kansas attorney general lands in Oklahoma
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- While rules attempt to keep meetings efficient, orderly, cooperation is key
- Death knell is sounding for the phone book
- International tragedy led to lasting local legacy for Boy Scouts