History competition beckons volunteers
Four Lansing Middle School students will represent Lansing at the Kansas District 3 History Day contest Feb. 24 in Topeka.
Eighth-graders Haily Ayres, Katie Campbell, Octavian Marinuta and Jessica Wood volunteered to represent LMS at the competition, which is held at Washburn University.
The students have been preparing for the competition since September.
The theme for this year's competition is Triumph and Tragedy in History.
District winners will advance to the Kansas History Day statewide contest on April 28, also at Washburn.
First- and second-place winners at state will move on to National History Day, which takes place in June at College Park, Md.
More like this story
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer