K-5 crash kills driver, passenger
A one-vehicle accident claimed the lives of two women Friday on Kansas Highway 5, north of McPherson Road.
Janae D. Moseley, 27, Charlotte, N.C., was driving about 8 p.m. Friday north on K-5 when the vehicle left the road and struck a tree. Moseley and a passenger, Tanshania K. Hayes, 19, Leavenworth, were killed instantly.
Both women were wearing seat belts, reports said.
Leavenworth County sheriff's office, Kansas Highway Patrol, Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service and Leavenworth County Fire District 1 responded.
More like this story
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties