Bobcats sending 2 to state
Despite suffering through some rough sledding for most of the season, the Basehor-Linwood High School wrestling team qualified two wrestlers for the state tournament last weekend at a Class 4A regional wrestling meet at Holton High School.
Freshmen Martin Buck (125 pounds) and Joe Johnson (119) survived a tough regional and cracked the top four in their respective brackets, which earned them a spot in this weekend's state tournament in Salina.
For more, stories on both wrestlers appear inside on Pages 6B and 8B.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event