JV boys make it 10 in a row
Leavenworth The Lansing High junior varsity boys were brilliant at times Tuesday night at Immaculata.
At other times, not so much.
Sure, LHS rolled to a 51-31 basketball victory, but the Lions only looked like the superior team part of the time. Specifically, that time was when they ran their offense.
LHS executed its offense phenomenally during the first five minutes and surged to a 13-0 lead. Freshman Brian Beall buried three three-pointers during the early spurt.
After that, the Lions freelanced on the offensive end for the rest of the first half. It didn't work, and they were outscored, 16-10. They led just 23-16 at intermission.
LHS resumed running its offense in the third quarter. It scored numerous baskets off layups. Elias Moya and Ryan Delich also caught fire. Moya scored eight points in the third quarter and Delich had 10 in the fourth as Lansing finally put the game away.
Delich and Moya led the Lions with 12 points apiece.
Lansing now has won 10 games in a row and is 13-1 for the season. It closes out its season at 4 p.m. today against Bonner Springs at Lansing Intermediate School.
More like this story
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers