Middle school students prepare for History Day
Three students attending Lansing Middle School are participating in the 2007 History Day regional competition Saturday, Feb. 24, at Washburn University.
Hailey Ayers will present an individual project, "Ten Bears"; Katie Campbell will present an untitled individual project; and Octavian Marinuta will present an untitled individual documentary. Their teacher is Jofee Tremain.
They will join students from 23 other schools in the event, which is sponsored by the Washburn University history department.
"Triumph and Tragedy in History" is the theme of this Region 3 contest. Region 3 counties are Atchison, Brown, Doniphan, Jackson, Jefferson, Leavenworth, Lyon, Morris, Nemaha, Osage, Shawnee and Wabaunsee.
First and second place winners in each category will be recognized at an awards ceremony at the end of the competition. Winners will be invited to participate in the state contest April 28 at Washburn.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court