The Women's Division of the Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce is offering two scholarships beginning spring 2007. One will be offered to traditional students just entering college and the other will be for non-traditional students who already have a high school diploma or GED.
Women who are current residents of Leavenworth County are eligible. They must fill out an application and include a one-page essay on why they chose their course of study and what they plan to do with it. Transcripts as well as a character reference letter will also be required. An interview may be required.
Applications have been sent to area high schools.
More like this story
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises