JV boys trample Santa Fe Trail
Carbondale Friday night against Mill Valley it took the Lansing High junior varsity boys basketball team almost a quarter to find a rhythm on offense.
LHS needed just 53 seconds to do it Tuesday night at Santa Fe Trail.
Ryan Delich's lay-in with 7:07 left in the first quarter was just the beginning of a non-stop offensive barrage as Lansing rolled to a 55-34 victory.
Delich and Cody Rush scored six points apiece during Lansing's 16-4 run to open the game. The lead stayed in double-digits the rest of the way thanks to the Lions' smothering defense and steady offense.
Will Johnson scored six second-quarter points as LHS extended its lead to 32-16 by halftime.
Lansing held Santa Fe to just four points in the third quarter as the lead grew to 20 points. The Lion then coasted the rest of the way to the victory.
Elias Moya led Lansing with 11 points, Delich and Richie O'Donnell scored eight, Brian Beall had seven, Johnson and Rush scored six, P.J. Sigle had five and Bobby Hauver and Bucky Zimmerman added two apiece.
Lansing (3-1) next plays at 4 p.m. Friday at home against Turner.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Man charged in Fort Riley bomb plot to appear in court