Della F. Giese
Services for Della F. Giese, 84, of Leavenworth, were Wednesday, Jan. 10, at Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial was in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Giese died Sunday, Jan. 7, 2007, at Brandon Woods nursing facility in Lawrence.
She was born Nov. 1, 1922, in Warrensburg, Mo., the daughter of William Lee and Julia Holt Hensley. She attended schools in Leavenworth.
Mrs. Giese was a homemaker and a farm wife.
On Oct. 25, 1939, she married Charles E. Giese Sr. in Lansing. He died April 17, 1996.
Survivors include a son, Charles E. Giese Jr., Leavenworth; a daughter, Virginia G. Duffin, Leavenworth; four sisters, Dorothy McWilliams, Apache Junction, Ariz., Rose Bollin, Leavenworth, Cecile Mahoney, Phoenix, Ariz., and Delores Estrada, Tucson, Ariz.; a brother, William Hensley, Center, Colo.; four grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Alzheimer's Foundation of America, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 531 Shawnee St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row