Knights of Columbus annual free throw contest set for Jan. 14
Lansing Knights of Columbus will hold its annual free throw competition at 1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 14, at the Lansing Activities Center.
The competition is open to all boys and girls ages 10-14 as of Jan. 1, 2007. The competition is free. Medals or trophies will be awarded to the winning boy and girl from each age group. Age group winners also will be given the chance to advance to district and state level competitions.
Contestants must have proof of age (copy of birth certificate) to compete, and a parent or guardian must sign the competition entry form.
Participation in this competition by junior high school and high school basketball players has been approved by the Kansas State High School Activities Association. For more information, call Bill Butler at 727-5146.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues