3 more candidates enter school board race
The number of candidates seeking election to the Lansing School Board has grown.
Richard O'Donnell, John Gable and Joseph Walden added their names to the list last week when they filed paperwork with the Leavenworth County Clerk's Office.
They join the other candidates - Brian Duncan and incumbents Richard Whitlow and Shelly Gowdy - who are vying to fill four spots up for election April 3.
If more than eight candidates file for the positions, a primary election will be held Feb. 27.
To enter the race, candidates must submit paperwork and pay a $5 filing fee to the Leavenworth County Clerk, located at the county courthouse, 300 Walnut, Leavenworth.
The deadline to file for office is noon Tuesday, Jan. 23.
For more on this story, pick up the Jan. 25 edition of The Current.
More like this story
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition
- Face to Face: Linwood library director Mike Washburn
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs city employee Justine Smith