Freshman boys regroup, rout Piper
Two days after playing with a lack of focus in a first-round loss at the 43rd annual Lansing Freshman Basketball Tournament, the Lansing High boys regrouped and routed Piper in the consolation semifinals, 69-54.
The Lions (3-4) had a balanced attack as Richie O'Donnell scored 22 points, Ben Kozak had 18 and Kurt Weber added 12. Also scoring were Travon Hunt (five points), Brian Beall (four), James Johnson (four), Clay Pitsenbarger (two) and Kenneth Ritchie (two).
Lansing wore down Piper with its size advantage of Weber, O'Donnell and Kozak early and blew the game wide open with 43 points during the middle two quarters before cruising to the finish.
The Lions next play Friday at Bonner Springs in Kaw Valley League action. Then they play at 10:15 a.m. Saturday in the fifth-place game of the Lansing Tournament against De Soto.
More like this story
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Organization Orientation: Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services
- Attitudes slowly changing as awareness of mental health issues increases
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County