Air Force-bound Miller among the best in KC
Kyle Miller departed town on June 27 to begin his college career - academically, militarily and athletically - at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Before leaving Lansing, however, the 2007 Lansing High graduate added one more accolade to his baseball resumeÂ' when he earned All-Metro honorable mention status by The Kansas City Star for his play at third base this season.
Miller hit .429 this season and slammed a team-high four home runs. He also had three triples, 27 RBI and set the school record for stolen bases in a season with 25.
His solid numbers landed him on the All-Kaw Valley League first team as a designated hitter and on the Class 5A All-State first team at third base.
Miller was a two-year starter at third base for LHS. He helped the Lions advance to the state tournament in 2006, and he was their top hitter this season when they went 12-10 and lost in the regional finals to eventual state runner-up Topeka Seaman.
Miller will play NCAA Division I baseball next year at Air Force.
More like this story
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Shatner to ride through Kansas on Thursday
- Face to Face: Basehor librarian Janice Garcia
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development seeking applicants for 2015-16
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history