Services for Andrew Minnick, 101, of Middlefield, Ohio, were Monday, July 2, at Russell Golden Rule Funeral Service, Middlefield. Burial was in Middlefield Cemetery.
Mr. Minnick died June 27, 2007, at Briar Hill Health Care Residence in Middlefield.
He was born June 23, 1906, in Cleveland, and had lived in the Middlefield area since 1932.
Mr. Minnick was a member of the Middlefield School Board of Education from 1945 to 1954, serving as president for one term. He also was a 50-year member of Knights of Pythias No. 716, Middlefield, a member of the Maple View Mennonite Church, Burton, Ohio, and a former member of the First United Methodist Church, Middlefield.
He owned and operated Andy's Barber Shop in Middlefield from 1932 until he retired in 1971.
Mr. Minnick married Rae Taubman on Aug. 27, 1977; she survives.
Other survivors include a son, Keith, Newland, N.C.; two daughters, Carol Schwendeman, Burton, and Judith Cain, Lansing, Kan.; eight grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
His first wife, Claudine (White), died in 1962.
The family suggests contributions to Hospice of Care Corp., 831 South St., Chardon, OH 44024.
More like this story
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking