The Leavenworth Thunder, a 14-and-under girls soccer team in the Leavenworth United Soccer Club, recently captured the Heartland Soccer Association U14/U15 Division championship for the spring season. The team, coached by former Leavenworth High and Benedictine College player Nacole Neuendorf, posted an 8-0 record and outscored its opponents 40-8. The team is made up of players from Lansing, Leavenworth, Tonganoxie, Pleasant Ridge and Fort Leavenworth.
Team members are, front row, from left: Sara Beck, Brianna Reyna, Amy Smith, Madeline Minchew, Shyanne Gergick, Megan Wilcox, Genevieve Guerry; and back row: Coach Neuendorf, Melissa Ryan, Colleen Anderson, Marita Meyer, Emily Harper, Megan Traylor, Jennifer Nye, Dana French. Not pictured is Morgan Moxley.
More like this story
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club