Women’s Division names top yards for June, July
The Women's Division of the Leavenworth-Lansing Area Chamber of Commerce has announced the winners of its Yard of the Month awards for June and July.
Winners for June are Daniel Roberts, 1320 Delaware St., Leavenworth residential; Dino and Jennifer Valvero, 671 Hillside Court, Lansing residential; and Mama Mia's, Rob & Jane Schmitt, 402 S. 20th, commercial.
July winners are William and Marie Weafer, 4207 Grand Ave., Leavenworth residential; Tony and Judy Zell, 511 Hillcrest, Lansing residential; and McDonald's Restaurant, 3121 Fourth St., commercial.
A news release announcing the winners said the community is making it difficult to select just one yard for Leavenworth, one for Lansing and one commercial yard because there are so many beautiful yards to select from.
If you would like to nominate a yard for recognition, call Deb Eyerly, Beautification Committee chair, at Twin Oaks Assisted Living, 727-6100, or Lori Redford, co-chair, at Twin Oaks Independent Living, 727-3400.
Beautification Committee members also include Eunice Alexander, Theresa Holt, Sharon Cunningham, Dr. Amanda Strom, Debra Cave, Vicky Walker and Margaret Steele.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kobach says Kansas attracted most new businesses since 2003