Council to help tornado victims
The Council on Aging is pitching in to help senior citizens affected by the Greensburg tornado.
On Tuesday, June 19, the council is sponsoring a benefit luncheon, with proceeds going toward a fund to rebuild the Greensburg Senior Center.
The luncheon will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Council on Aging, 109-A Delaware St. Two different menus will be available.
Cost is $5, and those who are in a hurry can call ahead to have their lunch ready when they arrive.
For more information, contact the Council on Aging at (913) 684-0777.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor teacher Barb Forbes
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education