Police search for burglary suspect
Lansing Police continue to investigate a burglary earlier this week.
About 3:45 a.m. Monday, officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Forest Glen Lane on the report of a home burglary in process. En route to the house, an officer saw a car coming out of the area. When the officer tried to flag down the car, it "took off at high rate of speed," Chief Steve Wayman said.
Officers pursued the car west on 4-H Road, then north on 155th Street. There, on the gravel road, they lost sight of the car near Eisenhower Road.
Leavenworth Police later found the vehicle abandoned.
Wayman said officers have since talked to the vehicle owners and have acquired information about the driver.
"We're following up with the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office and the Leavenworth Police," Wayman said. "We've got some decent information and are seeing what we can come up with."
Wayman said the burglar had taken a garage door opener from an unlocked vehicle to gain entrance to a garage at the Forest Glen Lane residence and then had taken an undisclosed amount of cash from a vehicle parked in the garage.
More like this story
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda