Busy summer for BLHS soccer
All this week, current and former members of the Basehor-Linwood High School soccer program have been on hand for a kids camp, hosted by the Kansas Rush Soccer Program and sponsored by the Basehor-Linwood Soccer Association.
The camp, which began Monday and wraps up Friday, was open to players from Kindergarten through 8th grade and drew more than 40 participants. It emphasized the fundamentals and finer points of the game.
In addition to this camp, as well as the camp for high school players later this summer, the BLHS boys and girls soccer players are participating in indoor leagues and plan to compete in the Sunflower State Games in July.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament