Busy summer for BLHS soccer
All this week, current and former members of the Basehor-Linwood High School soccer program have been on hand for a kids camp, hosted by the Kansas Rush Soccer Program and sponsored by the Basehor-Linwood Soccer Association.
The camp, which began Monday and wraps up Friday, was open to players from Kindergarten through 8th grade and drew more than 40 participants. It emphasized the fundamentals and finer points of the game.
In addition to this camp, as well as the camp for high school players later this summer, the BLHS boys and girls soccer players are participating in indoor leagues and plan to compete in the Sunflower State Games in July.
More like this story
- Steady rain swelling Missouri, Kansas streams, rivers
- Middle America braces for strong storms, possible tornadoes
- Bonner's 9th annual Marble Day debuts mascot
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food