Wal-Mart to honor Teacher of the Year
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is accepting nominations for its Teacher of the Year program, now in its 12th year.
The Local Teacher of the Year honor is awarded by each Wal-Mart and Sam's Club location during National Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
Winners receive a $1,000 grant for their schools and are eligible to apply for the state's Teacher of the Year award, which pays $10,000 to the winning teacher's school.
To nominate your favorite teacher, visit www.walmartfoundation.org to download a nomination form. Entries must be submitted at the store nearest your teacher's school.
More like this story
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas Revenue Department still processing paper tax returns
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed