Slammers shine at Liberty Nationals
The Slammer Wrestling Club competed at the Liberty Nationals Tournament on Feb. 24, and three local wrestlers were among the event's top performers.
The tournament, which took place at Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Mo., featured some of the top youth wrestlers from the Midwest, including three Lansing Middle School eighth-graders.
Tyler Baughman placed first in the 14-and-under, 140-pound division. Nathan Wessel placed third in the 14-and-under, 165-pound division. Zach Hammer placed fifth in the 14-and-under 265-pound division.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit