Letter: Thank you, coach
To the Editor:
Thank you Coach Holthus for your commitment to the Basehor-Linwood High School Girls Basketball Program. We were saddened to hear that you will no longer be coaching in Basehor.
One of our favorite family activities was attending your games. Haley and Joey would lead the way into the gymnasium and pick a spot right behind your bench, keeping their eyes and ears open to everything you and your players did and said. We heard you repeatedly encourage and praise the girls who played for you. We watched a true coach and teacher instill the love of the game of basketball into her players. We saw you choke back the tears after a tough loss, not for yourself, but for the girls who had left everything they had in them out on the court in order to win the game. It's no wonder that this team did nothing but improve under your leadership. The Lady Bobcats played hard and tough for you because they respected you as a coach, but most importantly, because they know what kind of a person you truly are.
Your presence on the bench will be sorely missed by our family.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women