Easter Bonnet Parade scheduled
The second annual Easter Bonnet Parade is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday, April 7, in downtown Leavenworth.
The parade is open to participants of all ages, as well as their pets (on a leash). Each participant is required to wear an Easter bonnet.
Prizes will be awarded for the most humorous, most glamorous, most original and most vintage Easter bonnets.
Parade participants will line up at 10:30 a.m. at Haymarket Square and proceed north on Seventh Street to Delaware Street, east on Delaware to Esplanade Street to the C.W. Parker Carousel Museum. Events at the landing park will begin after the parade and last until 3 p.m. Bonnet judging with categories for pets, horses, children and adults - will take place.
There also will be a DJ, cake walk, face painting, missile toss, potato sack races and photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny, Elmo & Scooby Doo. Tickets will be sold for food, the cake walk and pictures.
For additional information, parade participation guidelines and applications, contact the Leavenworth Main Street office at (913) 682-3924 or go to www.leavenworthmainstreet.com.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Abuse is main reason Kansas removes children from homes
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children