LHS graduate Reider qualifies for regionals
Ashley Reider, a 2004 Lansing High graduate and Kansas State track athlete, qualified on Thursday for the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships when she won the javelin with a throw of 145-9 at the Mike's Sporting Goods Spring Twilight meet at Emporia State.
Reider, a sophomore, transferred to KSU after playing volleyball at Washburn in 2005. Last year she threw a career-best 152-8 and placed sixth at the Big 12 Conference Championships.
More like this story
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises