Myrtle Ruth Godding
Services for Myrtle Ruth Godding, 71, Leavenworth, were Saturday, March 17, at Becker-Dyer-Stanton Funeral Home, Atchison. Burial was at Sunset Memory Gardens, Leavenworth.
Mrs. Godding died Tuesday, March 13, 2007.
She was born Feb. 19, 1936, in Wathena, the daughter of Charles and Beulah (Sultzer) Wynkoop.
She worked as a correctional officer from 1978 to 1982 at the Lansing Correctional Facility.
Mrs. Godding was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church, Atchison, was the local Girl Scout director and enjoyed bowling, reading, watching movies and cooking.
Her husband, Roy Edward Godding, died in 1973; a great-grandchild, Conner Jackson, also died earlier.
Survivors include two brothers, Charles "Butch" Wynkoop and Billy Wynkoop; two sisters, Dorothy "Dory" Thompson and Norma Covalt; five children, Patricia Giles, Atchison, Peggy Wheeler, Roy Mark Godding, and Elizabeth Willis, all of Leavenworth, and Carrie Taylor Lansing; 25 grandchildren; and 26 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the American Cancer Society or the Kidney Dialysis Foundation, sent in care of the funeral home, 800 Kansas Ave., Atchison 66002.
Online condolences may be made at www.beckerdyer.com.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Kansas House passes budget requiring higher taxes to balance
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- Kansas Senate plans to debate raising taxes to fix budget
- Kansas House panel passes bill to end business tax break