Women’s clinic consolidates offices
A group that offers women's health services is closing its Wyandotte County office and consolidated its obstetrics and gynecology offices in existing locations in Shawnee and Leavenworth.
"We are excited about providing quality OB/gyn services along the K-7 corridor and feel our two existing offices will be able to serve our patients even better," said Mary Murphy, office administrator for Women's Health Specialists, P.A.
The two existing offices are at the Prairie Star II Building, 6850 Hilltop Road, Suite 190 in Shawnee, and at St. John's Medical Plaza at 3550 S. Fourth St., Suite 282, in Leavenworth. Both are open five days a week.
Women's Health Specialists, P.A. was formed in 1998 by Drs. John F. Murphy and Larry K. Watts. In 2005, Serese Y. Smith-Haxton joined the practice as a third physician.
The physicians have privileges with Overland Park Regional Medical Center, St. John Hospital in Leavenworth, and Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball