Women’s clinic consolidates offices
A group that offers women's health services is closing its Wyandotte County office and consolidated its obstetrics and gynecology offices in existing locations in Shawnee and Leavenworth.
"We are excited about providing quality OB/gyn services along the K-7 corridor and feel our two existing offices will be able to serve our patients even better," said Mary Murphy, office administrator for Women's Health Specialists, P.A.
The two existing offices are at the Prairie Star II Building, 6850 Hilltop Road, Suite 190 in Shawnee, and at St. John's Medical Plaza at 3550 S. Fourth St., Suite 282, in Leavenworth. Both are open five days a week.
Women's Health Specialists, P.A. was formed in 1998 by Drs. John F. Murphy and Larry K. Watts. In 2005, Serese Y. Smith-Haxton joined the practice as a third physician.
The physicians have privileges with Overland Park Regional Medical Center, St. John Hospital in Leavenworth, and Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- BLHS forensics students earn league medals
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map