Road work could affect DAZE
Getting to Lansing DAZE could result in some delays for festival-goers coming from the north via Main Street.
Beams for Seven-Mile Creek Bridge are scheduled for delivery on Saturday, May 5, and will require intermittent stoppage of traffic on Main Street in both directions to allow for the delivery and placement of seven large support beams for the bridge, the city said in a news release.
The traffic stops could last up to five minutes at a time and will tentatively take place between 6 a.m. and noon, weather permitting. Placement of the bridge beams is dependent on when two large cranes arrive in Lansing, the timing of which won't be known until late Friday, May 4.
The city suggests that motorists planning on attending Lansing DAZE at Towne Center coming from north of Seven-Mile Creek Bridge should consider using Eisenhower Road west to De Soto Road, south to West Mary Street to access the event.
Parking at Lansing DAZE events at Towne Center will be off Centre Drive. Handicapped parking will be available in the lot at MidAmerican Bank.
More like this story
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Woman, child killed in highway crash in Kansas
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident