Boating safety to be taught
Members of Perry Lake Flotilla 31-09 of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer one-day safe boating classes on Saturday, May 19.
The Kansas Boater Safety Course, developed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks, will be offered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Lake Marina.
The Kansas Boater Safety Course is free of charge. The America's Boating Course is $20. Completion of either of these safe boating classes will satisfy the educational requirement of the state of Kansas to operate a motorboat, sailboat or personal watercraft.
For more information and to preregister for a safe boating course, contact Shirley Higgins at (785) 841-1419 or Pam Chaffee at (785) 887-6868.
More like this story
- Basehor, Bonner districts agree: Block grant funding unfair
- Trowbridge, Bobcats hungry for more success
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers