Boating safety to be taught
Members of Perry Lake Flotilla 31-09 of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer one-day safe boating classes on Saturday, May 19.
The Kansas Boater Safety Course, developed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks, will be offered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Lake Marina.
The Kansas Boater Safety Course is free of charge. The America's Boating Course is $20. Completion of either of these safe boating classes will satisfy the educational requirement of the state of Kansas to operate a motorboat, sailboat or personal watercraft.
For more information and to preregister for a safe boating course, contact Shirley Higgins at (785) 841-1419 or Pam Chaffee at (785) 887-6868.
More like this story
- Wichita to award varsity letters to special needs students
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas House passes bill legalizing fantasy sports
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday