Corridor study meeting originally set for May 23 cancelled
A final open house for the U.S. Highway 24-40 corridor study has been postponed.
Charlie Schwinger of the planning firm Bucher, Willis and Ratliff, said the group is further investigating access issues along the highway, so the open house, originally set for Wednesday, May 23, in Tonganoxie, is being pushed back.
Schwinger said the open house likely now will be held in July.
The study analyzes about a 13-mile stretch of the highway from Kansas Highway 7 to Honey Creek Road, which is south of Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses