Memorial Day ceremonies set
The Fort Leavenworth salute battery and color guard will participate in two Memorial Day ceremonies Monday, May 28.
One will be at 9 a.m. at Leavenworth National Cemetery; the other at 11:40 a.m. at Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery
Brig. Gen. Mark O'Neill, acting commander of the Combined Arms Center and Fort Leavenworth, will speak at the fort's ceremony. O'Neill, Combined Arms Center Command Sgt. Maj. David Bruner, and Mrs. Harry Carpenter, vice president of the Kansas Society of the U.S. Daughters of the War of 1812, will lay a wreath at Henry Leavenworth's grave.
More like this story
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Royals legend helps Gold Glove Week thrive
- Parent thanks USD 204 staff for education of her special-needs son