Piper sweeps LHS in softball twinbill
Kansas City, Kan. Fresh off a doubleheader sweep of Tonganoxie that lasted 22 innings, the Lansing High softball team ran out of gas Friday at Piper and dropped a pair of games, 2-0 and 4-1.
Sophomore pitcher Brittney Lang tossed a two-hitter in game one, but Lansing mustered just one base hit - a fourth-inning single by Lang.
The Pirates' only hits came on a fourth-inning single and sixth-inning double, but the double came after two errors put runners on base. Both of those runners scored for the game's only runs.
Lansing tried to regroup in game two, and it did a nice job early. Amanda Darrow laced a leadoff double to left-center and scored on a two-out single by Morgan Chiles that gave LHS a 1-0 lead in the first inning, but the bats went quiet after that.
Lansing now is 9-5 this season.
More like this story
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Basehor-Linwood boys clinch spot at state
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night