Graduation arrives for BLHS Class of ‘07
Nine of 25 potential graduating Basehor-Linwood Virtual School students will walk in the graduation ceremonies with the 111 Basehor-Linwood High School graduates at 7:30 p.m. today in the BLHS large gymnasium.
The Baccalaureate for students was Sunday, May 13, and included a welcome by senior class president Erin Fisher, various prayers and blessings by students, a congregational song and a message titled "Lessons and Connections," by BLHS counselor C.R. Goodin.
The BLHS orchestra will play the traditional "Pomp and Circumstance" as well as the National Anthem to kick off the graduation ceremony.
Steve Blankenship, BLHS principal, then will present senior honors, and the valedictorians will deliver their speeches to the class of 2007.
The choir and the orchestra will perform prior to the presentation of diplomas.
Graduating seniors will head off to Power Play Entertainment in Shawnee immediately after the ceremony for Project Grad.
More like this story
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom