Main St. work to close lanes
A lengthy stretch of Main Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic in both directions beginning next week.
Ken Miller, the city's Main Street project liaison, said beginning on on Monday, May 21, traffic on Main Street will be reduced to one lane each direction on the southbound lanes from Gilman Road to Kansas Avenue. The lane reduction will allow crews to begin milling and adding an asphalt base to the northbound lanes.
Milling will begin near the intersection of Main and Gilman and move north; crews will then turn near intersection of Kansas Avenue and Main and head south, with asphalt crews close behind. If the weather cooperates, work should be completed by Friday, May 25.
Miller urged motorists to allow for extra time to travel when using Main.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Man charged in Fort Riley bomb plot to appear in court