Joyce L. Peters-Carey
Mass of Christian Burial for Joyce L. Peters-Carey, 76, of Leavenworth, was celebrated Wednesday, May 23, at Sacred Heart Church. Burial was in Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Peters-Carey died Friday, May 18, 2007, at Shawnee Mission Medical Center.
She was born on Nov. 8, 1930, in Leavenworth, the daughter of the late Leland Walter and Ruth Elizabeth (Martin) Eagles. She attended school in the Leavenworth area.
Mrs. Peters-Carey was a dietician at Dwight D. Eisenhower Medical Center in Leavenworth and a homemaker.
On Nov. 2, 1979, she married Thomas Carey in Leavenworth. He survives of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Mark Peters, Leavenworth; two daughters, Sandra Lennon, Marco Island, Fla., and Melanie Aull, Lansing; a stepson, Steve Carey, Ottawa; a stepdaughter, Debra Longtin, Hinesville, Ga.; two sisters, Louise Delaney and Carol Slapper, both of Leavenworth; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Leavenworth Animal Shelter, 1720 S. Second, Leavenworth 66048.
Belden-Larkin Funeral Home and Cremation Services handled arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at beldenlarkin.com.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas regents to consider revised guns-on-campus policy
- Kansas' governor defends state's new guns-on-campus law
- Kansas allowing concealed guns in Statehouse without permit
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit