City Council to select insurance broker
The city could be getting a new broker to handle its insurance policies.
The Lansing City Council will meet in a regular meeting at 7 p.m. today, Nov. 1, at Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace.
Among the topics on the agenda is the selection of a commercial insurance broker.
A consultant is recommending the city select Reilly & Sons Inc., Leavenworth, beginning with the city's Feb.1, 2008, policy renewal.
Here's tonight's agenda:
¢ Consider approving the Oct. 18 regular meeting minutes
¢ Proclaim Nov. 11 as VFW Day
¢ Proclaim Nov. 12-16 as Children's Book Week
¢ Hear an update on the Main Street Enhancement Project
¢ Select a commercial insurance broker for the city
¢ Consider an ordinance assessing unpaid weed abatement bills
¢ Consider an ordinance for the preliminary development plan and rezoning from R-1, suburban residential, to planned unit development for property in the 800 block of Ida.
More like this story
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests