Holiday assistance applications open
The Salvation Army will be taking applications for Christmas assistance on Nov. 5-9 and Nov. 12- 14.
People seeking assistance will need to stop by the Salvation Army offices, 600 Walnut St., Leavenworth. Applications will be taken from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. each day. On Nov. 12 and 13, applications also will be accepted from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Applicants will need to bring a picture I.D., proof of income, Social Security numbers for all family members and proof of residency. Families with children are asked to suggest a gift idea under $40 for each child.
Applications will be taken through Nov. 30 but due to time constraints only those applications received prior to Nov. 14 are guaranteed to be filled.
More like this story
- New Kansas schools plan has funds for budget emergencies
- Basehor, Bonner districts agree: Block grant funding unfair
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students