Holiday assistance applications open
The Salvation Army will be taking applications for Christmas assistance on Nov. 5-9 and Nov. 12- 14.
People seeking assistance will need to stop by the Salvation Army offices, 600 Walnut St., Leavenworth. Applications will be taken from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. each day. On Nov. 12 and 13, applications also will be accepted from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Applicants will need to bring a picture I.D., proof of income, Social Security numbers for all family members and proof of residency. Families with children are asked to suggest a gift idea under $40 for each child.
Applications will be taken through Nov. 30 but due to time constraints only those applications received prior to Nov. 14 are guaranteed to be filled.
More like this story
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- USD 458 bond issue supporters make final push
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas